[icon name=”phone” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] (334) 361-2600
Autauga Metro County jail was established in May 2004. It has a capacity of 140 beds and over 40 employees manage the facility. It houses both county and metro inmates who are awaiting trial or are sentenced to serve time in the facility. Inmates arrested by the county’s police department, and from neighbouring areas such as Prattville and Autaugaville are also housed in the facility. Annually it handles over 36000 inmates and has an average daily inmate count of 160.
|Managed by||Autauga County Sheriff’s Dept.|
|Address||136 N. Court Street, Prattville, AL 36067|
|Phone No.||(334) 361-2600|
Inmate Search/Roster with Mugshots
Autauga county sheriffs dept. maintains an online roster of currently incarcerated inmates in the facility. The roster is updated every 24 hrs.
Visitation is allowed over the weekends (Saturday/Sunday). Please refer to the table below for exact timings. It’s always recommended to call up the facility beforehand to schedule the visit. During the day of the visit, please report 15 minutes before the allocated time.
Visitors in the visitation list are only allowed for visitation. Visitors must be above 16 years and need to carry valid photo ID proof. General population inmates are permitted for one visit of maximum 30 minutes every week. And upto 4 visitors can visit at a time.
Saturday Visiting Hours
|POD 5||8:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|POD 6||9:30 AM||10:30 AM|
|POD 7||10:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|POD 8||11:30 AM||12:30 AM|
|Isolation/Holding||12:30 PM||1:30 PM|
Sunday Visiting Hours
|POD 1||11:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|POD 2||12:30 AM||1:30 PM|
|POD 4||1:30 AM||2:30 PM|
|POD 3||2:30 PM||4:00 PM|
Things to keep in mind while sending a mail:
- Inmates are allowed to keep maximum of 5 pictures at a time. So while sending photos just keep a count of the photos already held by the inmate
- Obscene/nude pictures will be rejected
- Mails written in color other than black or blue will be rejected
- Mails with extra envelopes, stamps, lipsticks, crayons, glitters etc are generally rejected.
All the mails must be sent via U.S. mail to the following address. Mails without any return address would be rejected.
Send the mails to the following address:
Autauga Metro Jail
(Name of Inmate)
136 N. Court Street
Prattville, AL 36067
To receive calls from the inmate, one needs to have a call-collect account with Amtel. To setup, an account or block calls from the inmate call on 1-800-849-6081 (Amtel).
There are 3 ways to send money to the inmate’s commissary account:
- Online using Jailfunds.com (Recommended) – Select the state as Alabama and facility as Autauga county. On the next page search the inmate’s name and deposit the money.
- By ATM (Cash or Credit/Debit Card) – Use the ATM machine available in the front lobby of the facility to deposit the money. There is a fee of 1.5$ for cash deposit and 10% for debit/credit card transaction.
- Money Order – Deposit the money order on the front desk between Monday to Friday (8:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM)