Looking for someone who is incarcerated in District of Columbia?
If Yes, then you have come to the right place.
I was in a similar position when my brother got arrested (read here). And I can understand how important it is to find information about your long lost loved one, friend or colleague.
Most of the websites you find online for inmate search do not provide accurate information or simply they would ask you to pay for the search.
But NOT Anymore!
I’m going to show you exactly how to search for an inmate who is serving his/her time in District of Columbia.
You might be wondering:
Why do you need to a guide to conduct the search? Can’t you simply search the inmate whereabouts?
Sadly NO, the way the prison system works in District of Columbia, there is no single database to conduct a statewide search. The person you are looking for can be in any of the 3 state prisons, 3 county jails or 1 police jails.
And unfortunately, there is no single database to search through them at once.
There are few paid options available to conduct the search but why do you want to spend money, when you can search for free.
These 3 step guide is all you need to follow to search inmate information:
- Step #1: Gather Information about the Inmate
- Step #2: Determine the correctional facility (Optional)
- Step #3: Conduct the Search
District of Columbia Inmate Search
Below we have shared step-by-step instructions to conduct the search. For easier understanding refer to the flowchart:
Still could not find the information about the inmate?
These can be possible reasons:
- The Inmate may not be incarcerated in District of Columbia. Try searching in other possible locations.
- Time to time prisoner get transferred from one prison to another. For recently arrested inmates it can take upto 1 week for the information to be visible online. In such cases, it’s best to wait for a couple of days and try searching again.
District of Columbia Prison/Jail Contact Information
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
320 First St., NW
Washington, DC 20534
Phone: (202) 307-3198
- District of Columbia Department of Corrections (DOC)
14th St NW, Washington,
DC 20009, USA
District of Columbia Prison Statistics
- Total people incarcerated in prisons/jails: 1,800 (0.09% of total nationwide prison/jail population)
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 U.S. resident above 18years is 320 which is 59% lower than the national average (780).
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 U.S. resident (All ages) is 270 which 55% lower than the national average (600).
- The incarceration rate in District of Columbia is the lowest in the US.
- Prison Statistics
- District of Columbia State Prisons
- District of Columbia County Jails
Last updated: 22/09/2018