Looking for someone who is incarcerated in Utah?
If Yes, then you have come to the right place.
I was in a similar position when my brother got arrested (read here). And I can understand how important it is to find information about your long lost loved one, friend or colleague.
Most of the websites you find online for inmate search do not provide accurate information or simply they would ask you to pay for the search.
But NOT Anymore!
I’m going to show you exactly how to search for an inmate in Utah for free!
You might be wondering:
Why do you need to a guide to conduct the search? Can’t you simply search the inmate whereabouts?
Sadly NO, the way the prison system works in Utah, there is no single database to conduct a statewide search. The person you are looking for can be in any of the 2 state prisons, 31 county jails or 77 police jails in the state.
And unfortunately, there is no single database to search through them at once.
There are few paid options available to conduct the search but why do you want to spend money, when you can search for free.
These 3 step guide is all you need to follow to search inmate information:
- Step #1: Gather Information about the Inmate
- Step #2: Determine the correctional facility (Optional)
- Step #3: Conduct the Search
Utah Inmate Search
Below we have shared step-by-step instructions to conduct the search. For easier understanding refer to the flowchart:
Still could not find the information about the inmate?
These can be possible reasons:
- The Inmate may not be incarcerated in Utah. Try searching in other possible locations.
- Time to time prisoner get transferred from one prison to another. For recently arrested inmates it can take upto 1 week for the information to be visible online. In such cases, it’s best to wait for a couple of days and try searching again.
Utah Prison/Jail Contact Information
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
320 First St., NW
Washington, DC 20534
Phone: (202) 307-3198
- Utah Department of Corrections (DOC)
14717 S. Minuteman Drive,
Draper, UT 84020
Phone: (801) 545-5500
Utah Prison Statistics
- Total people incarcerated in prisons/jails: 11,700 (0.60% of the total nationwide prison jail population)
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 U.S. resident above 18years is 540 which is 31% lower than the national average (780).
- Incarceration rate per 100,000 U.S. resident (All ages) is 380 which 37% lower than the national average (600).
- The incarceration rate in Utah is 39th highest in the US.
- Prison Statistics
- Utah State Prisons
- Utah County Jails
Last updated: 22/09/2018